BOAT International Design & Innovation Award 2020
CORTINA D'AMPEZZO. Dominator Yachts proudly announces that 28M Ilumen M/Y Zalanka is winner of the BOAT International Design & Innovation Award 2020 in the category "Best Naval Architecture Semi-Displacement / Planing Motor Yacht"!
Ilumen M/Y ZALANKA Winner of BOAT International Design & Innovation Award 2020
28M Ilumen M/Y Zalanka: Winner of 2020 BOAT International Design & Innovation Award!
Dominator Yachts proudly announces that 28M Ilumen M/Y Zalanka is winner of the BOAT International Design & Innovation Award 2020 in the category Best Naval Architecture Semi-Displacement / Planing Motor Yacht !
“The entries represent the breadth of the market and from year to year the quality just goes from strength to strength,” said Co-Chair of the Panel Marilyn Mower, Editor-at-Large for BOAT International. “It’s a showcase of the recent development of the superyacht industry in the microcosm.”
This well-respected award is considered to be the most difficult distinction to achieve in the superyacht industry. Often being compared with the Oscars, the BOAT International Design & Innovation Award recognised Dominator Yachts for the very first time in its 20 year company history for the Ilumen naval architecture and design: A motor yacht that combines efficient hydrodynamics with elegance in a hull that properly meets its intended purpose, particularly in respect of performance, seaworthiness, range and economy.
A panel of distinguished judges announced the win of Ilumen M/Y Zalanka in this category on Sunday, February 2, 2020 at the Superyacht Design Festival in Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy.
Ilumen 28M - Awarded Naval Architecture
The awarded naval architecture of every Dominator Ilumen comes with the following USPs and advantages, amongst others:
- High-Tech Carbon-Epoxy-Construction: 350% more strength and safety than metal or classic monolithic composite.
- Sandwich construction allows 30% more accoustic and thermal insulation
- Engineering & Safety: highly advanced structural layout with an extensive use of carbon fiber, sandwich and vacuum infusion technology, which makes a crucial safety difference in case of grounding.
- High Performance Hull: Particular hard-chine hull with a blade bulbous bow, and unprecedented resistance values.
- The epoxy resin, the complete epoxy filler cycle, usually only used in expensive light-weight race boats, and the application of a megayacht painting system is incomparable to the gelcoat used in same-size yachts.
- Bespoke, made-to-measure: Fully customized and built around the personality and tastes of its owner.
- Double bottom with structural fuel tanks: Low barycenter and enhanced stability, safety and performance.
- Ilumen 28M: Integrating an interior volume of 30M on a pleasure craft registered under 24M!
- Joining an unprecedented ceiling height of 2,20m with a stable and robust hull.
- Megayacht features on a vessel with a very low draft (1,7m) to access undiscovered waters and bays.
- Ilumen as business case: Higher net charter rates and more frequent bookings than same length vessels.